My First Photography Contest

Now that I'm getting into photography I seem to keep finding all these photography contests out there for non professionals to enter.  Of course some are WAY out of my league...

...oh, how I dream of being in National Geographic
or Smithsonian magazine...

But I did find one contest that I just had to enter.  The great company where I have my 9-5 "Day Job" puts on a yearly photography contest for all employees.  And since all of us are professionals in something other than photography I figured I might even have a chance at winning!  The winners in each category (there are 12 total categories) make it onto the yearly company calendar that is given out to all 1000+ employees.

 Here are my entries (I did some last minute photoshop work and cropping before they were submitted that is no shown below):

Category: Children
This is my daughter on Christmas morning...need I say more?

Category:  Still Life
This is a shot from the World War II American Cemetery in Normandy, France.  There are over 9000 soldiers buried here.

Category: Landscape
This is a shot from a trip to the Machu Picchu ruins in Peru.  To explain the scale of these awesome ruins...the 'steps' you see are actually agriculture fields for crops and are each about 6 feet tall. 
(and yes, we climbed all the way to the small house at the top!)

Category: Animals
This is a shot from the St. Louis zoo...it was so hard to get one of these guys to stand still!  But when they did it made for a great shot.

Wish me luck! 

4 Response to My First Photography Contest

June 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for visiting my blog and the very best of luck for the contest.You daughter is adorable and I like the Still life pic the best.

June 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Great pictures! Good luck!
XOXO
Frenchy

June 7, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I love the animal photo!!!!!

June 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Love the penguin! Best of luck!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails