DIY Jewelry Holder

I know there are a TON of tutorials out there on how to make your own jewelry holders, but I have something new to add to the mix that I thought I'd share with the world.  
Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a jewelry holder that allows you to hold way more earrings and necklaces than any other holder I've seen.

Supplies you'll need:
picture frame (mine is 8 x 10)
1 sheet of plastic canvas
thin dowel (I used one that was 1/8")
wooden beads that will fit on your dowel
hot glue gun
hand held drill
First you'll need to cut your plastic canvas to fit in the back of your frame.  This is super easy since the grid pattern guarantees you'll have a perfectly straight cut. 
Using the plastic canvas is my way of creating a jewelry holder that allows you to hold way more earrings than the holders with the horizontal wires.  Plus, you can arrange your earrings in any possible pattern to fit the various sizes and shapes of earrings you have.  Perfect!
Once the canvas is cut, use the hot glue to secure it in the back of the frame.  I glued mine in multiple times to make sure the hold was secure enough to support a lot of earrings.

You can stop here with your jewelry holder if you only want to store earrings, but keep going for my solutions to storing necklaces and/or bracelets.
Next, you'll need to mark out the placement of the necklace holders on the bottom on the front of the frame.  The number of holes will depend on the size of your frame and how close together you want them to be based on your jewelry.  (For example, if you are going to store bangles you might want the hangers spaced a little further apart)
Once the spots are marked you'll want to slowly drill into the frame on each mark, but do not drill all the way through.
 
Next, cut your dowel into 1 1/2" pieces to go into each hole.  Use the glue gun to securely attach one piece of the dowel in each hole. 
Attach the wooden beads to the end of each dowel using the hot glue.
Finally, paint your necklace pegs to match your frame, or in another fun contrasting color to finish the project.
That's all there is to it!  A large capacity jewelry holder made from supplies you probably already have in your craft stash!
I hope you can find the time to make one

Pin It
I will linking up to these great Link Parties:
Link Parties

13 Response to DIY Jewelry Holder

June 16, 2011 at 5:17 PM

What a great idea. Not only efficient way to store necklaces but looks so neat and organized.

June 16, 2011 at 7:51 PM

The plastic canvas is a great idea!

June 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM

So cute!! I don't wear a lot of jewelry but my sister does. Perfect idea for a gift!

June 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM

That is awesome! I have been trying to find something to do with my jewelry! We found your link through Cheri's Party. We are your newest followers and would love for you to follow our blog!

www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

June 20, 2011 at 9:34 AM

This is awesome! It looks like it could how all my jewelry. Thanks for sharing.

June 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Love your new jewlery holder! I am going to make one for some of the jewlery I wear most often. This is a great idea! I am coming over from It's So Very Cheri!

June 21, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Beautiful! So very creative idea! Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

June 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I am a new follower via Welcome Wednesday. Love the jewelry organizer!
Kricia

http://kriciapalmerhome.blogspot.com

June 23, 2011 at 12:15 PM

My college daughter and I were just talking about a jewelry organizer on the way home not more than 30 minutes ago! She wants one for her tiny apartment. I'm so glad I saw this at seven thirty three! Can't wait to show it to her.

Anonymous
July 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM

My earrings are all over my dresser...this is really a very good idea.

Thanks for sharing.

November 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Wow! This is so neat!! Such a great idea!

September 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

This is great efforts>I am inspired from this post.Keep sharing more and get many ideas about this post.



Thanks for more info.....





Plated Findings

Plated Findings

Plated Findings

Cat
October 1, 2014 at 5:04 AM

This is a great idea.. where can I get the plastic canvas? Is it like a larger version of a cross stitch canvas?

Related Posts with Thumbnails